If you’re looking for a new camping recipe to make your catch of the day the star of the show, we’ve got you covered! Check out this delicious camping recipe for an incredible fish stew you’ll love! Get the full recipe below.
Recipe adapted from one on SimplyRecipes.com
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2-3 fresh chopped tomatoes, around 1-1 ½ cups
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 cup shellfish stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 pounds fish fillets
- Pinch dried oregano
- Pinch dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash and dry your produce.
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic cloves, then roughly chop your parsley leaves and finely chop the tomato.
- In a cast iron skillet over your fire, heat a drizzle of olive oil and saute the onion until fragrant and translucent. I like to go a little longer and start to brown the onions for additional flavor.
- Add in garlic and cook for another minute before topping with parsley. Cook for two minutes until everything is softening and very fragrant, and then add the tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, on as indirect heat as possible for approximately 10 minutes.
- While the base cooks, clean and prepare your fish. If you are using a fish with firm meat, like cod or halibut, cut into two-inch pieces. If you’re using something with softer flesh, I recommend cooking the fillets whole in the stock.
- Once the base is cooked, add in the fish stock, white wine, and fish fillets.
- Bring the whole thing to a simmer until the fish is cooked. 3-5 minutes.
- Add oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, and Tabasco to taste.
- This stew is excellent when served in bread bowls, but you can easily serve it over rice or with bowls.
Contact us to find the perfect RV with an outdoor kitchen to make cooking around the campfire easier and more fun.