Camping Recipes: Ready-to-Go Breakfast Options
Getting ready to meal plan for your next trip? Fun Town is compiling a list for you to make your next trip easier! Try out these easy breakfast recipes that you can prepare before heading out or easily cook on your griddle or cast iron pan.
Tip: Everything below is in Fahrenheit and U.S. Metrics
Easy Omelet in a Bag: serving size 1
- 2 extra-large eggs
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 ground black pepper
- Easily add other ingredients to your liking
- Put in eggs, any other ingredients of your choosing, salt, and pepper in a resealable sandwich bag. After sealing, shake vigorously and squeeze out excess, then reseal.
- Boil some water, then place the bag in it. Cook omelet until fully cooked, approx. 13 mins.
- Safely remove the bag and open the bag to roll the omelet onto a plate.
Camp Breakfast: serving size 2
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 white potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- Warm skillet to medium heat
- Cook and stir bacon until crispy, approx. 5 mins. transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to soak up grease
- Return the skillet and add olive oil over medium heat. Add potatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until browned and crispy, approx. 10 mins.
- Mix onion into potatoes and cook until translucent, approx 5 mins.
- Return bacon to the skillet and stir until heated through 1-2 mins.
- Pour eggs over potatoes, cook & stir until set, 5-6 mins.
Camping Bars: serving size 6
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, oats, butter, wheat germ, orange peel, and 1/2 cup of pack brown sugar at low speed until mixed. Then turn up the speed to medium for 2 mins
- Lightly floured hands, shape the mixtures into balls. Then bat into an 8×8 baking pan
- Small bowl, beat eggs with 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar, stir in almonds and coconut. Pour evenly over the mixture
- Bake 35 minutes or until the toothpick comes clean. Cool in the pan over a rack.
- Makes 12 servings
Breakfast Pizza: serving size 8, 12 in pizza
- 1lb ground breakfast sausage
- 1 package of crescent rolls
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup thawed hash browns
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Brown breakfast sausage in a large skillet until cooked through, approx. 10mins drain excess grease and set aside
- Separate crescent rolls into triangles and place them in a 12-in pizza pan with a rim. press the triangles together to join, pinch a 1 1/2 inch rim up the side of the pan
- Spoon cooked sausage into the bottom of the crust; spread has hash browns over the sausages with cheddar cheese.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. pour over the cheese layer, then sprinkle parmesan cheese
- Cook until eggs are and crust lightly browned, approx 25-30 mins
Breakfast Cups: servings size 18
- Cooking spray
- 18 unbaked refrigerated biscuits
- 8oz breakfast sausage
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease 18 muffin cups with cooking spray
- Roll out biscuit dough on a floured surface to form 5 rounds. Place them in the muffin cups as a base to create a cup
- Cook and stir sausage over medium-high heat until cooked through, approx. 5-10 mins and drain the fat. after cooling, spoon them into the dough cups
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together until well-beaten.
- Pour the mixture into each cup just below the top of the dough, sprinkle on top with cheddar cheese
- Bake until eggs are set, and biscuit dough is golden, approx. 15-18 mins.
We at Fun Town RV want to help you find your new favorite RV for your next camping adventure! Our knowledgeable RV Sale Professionals will be able to help you find the perfect RV, the Fun Starts Here! Contact us or come into your local Fun Town RV.