If one of your ways to relax in the evening is with some delicious takeout and a good movie, this camping recipe for Pad Thai will help you take that experience to the campground. You’ll love that this delicious meal is filling and packed with flavor. Get the recipe below.
- 7 oz. Pad Thai noodles
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 small onion, diced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ c. green onions
- ½ c. cilantro
- ¼ c. peanuts
- 1 lime, quartered
- Bean sprouts
For the Sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- Wash and dry all your produce.
- Peel and dice the onion, then cut the chicken into cubes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Turn off the heat once the water is boiling and add the noodles, dunking them below the water for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of sesame oil over medium heat.
- When the oil pops when it is flicked with water, toss in the chicken and onions. Season with salt.
- Cook until the onions are just beginning to brown and the chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees, internal temperature.
- While the chicken cooks, combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and whisk until blended.
- Reduce the heat to low and move the chicken to the outer edges of the skillet.
- Crack the eggs in a small bowl and beat them until smooth, then add to the center of the skillet. Cook the eggs, stirring constantly until scrambled.
- When the noodles are cooked through and slightly al dente, remove them from the water with tongs and add to the skillet with the chicken, onions, and eggs.
- Dump in the sauce and stir to coat the noodles and other ingredients.
- Chop the green onions, cilantro, and peanuts. Slice the lime into fourths.
- Serve the Pad Thai topped with a sprinkle of green onions, cilantro, and peanuts. Add a wedge of lime and a scoop of bean sprouts to give additional texture and flavor to the dish.
Contact us to learn more about the incredible RVs for sale at Fun Town RV today. We’ll help you find the best options for your adventures to keep you and your family comfortable no matter where you go.