Are you looking for a delicious new take on your favorite potluck side dish? This chipotle pasta salad will help you get more flavor out of this cookout staple so that everyone will return for more. Get the full camping recipe below.
Recipe adapted from one on ThePioneerWoman.com
- 1 lb. rotini or fusilli
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. whole milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 can of chipotle peppers
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of adobo sauce, drained from a can of chipotle peppers
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- 12 oz. smoked mozzarella
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- Over your fire in a large cast-iron pot, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Then drain and rinse it under cold water. Add the pasta to a large bowl and set it aside.
- Carefully wash and slice the cherry tomatoes in half, then quarter and chop the cucumber and cut your mozzarella into small cubes. Thinly slice a few chipotle peppers to taste, keeping in mind that these will add to the heat of the dish. Lastly, roughly chopped basil leaves for garnish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise milk and 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Mix with a fork or whisk until smooth. Then add 2 teaspoons of the sauce from the chipotle pepper can and half a teaspoon of salt.
- Add pepper, additional vinegar, or sauce from the chipotle peppers to taste.
- What is the dressing is done, drizzle it over the pasta. Stir to combine, then dump in the tomatoes, cucumbers, and chipotle peppers.
- Stir to ensure all the ingredients are coded, and then add in the smoked mozzarella cubes and basil, folding in gently.
- Chill in the refrigerator, covered for at least an hour or two, and then season with salt and pepper to taste and give it a stir before serving.
Contact us for more information on any of the RVs on our lot today.