If you’re looking for the best way to cook an easy, filling meal for your family at the campground this fall, you’ve found it! This fall camping recipe is the a delicious combination of hearty flavors and simple ingredients. The original recipe was found on FreshOffTheGrid.com.
- ½ lb. strip steak
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 small brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ c. broth
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. thyme
- ¼ lbs wide egg noodles
- ½ c. full fat sour cream, divided
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Using a clean knife and cutting board, thickly slice the mushrooms, dice the onion, and mince the garlic.
- In a cast-iron skillet, heat a drizzle of oil until it is hot enough to smoke.
- Meanwhile, season the steak with salt and pepper, tossing to coat evenly.
- Add the steak to the skilled and cook until browned, approximately 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove the steak from the heat, cover with tin foil, and allow it to rest before cutting it into bite-sized pieces.
- While the steak rests, reduce the heat to medium and add in the mushrooms.
- Saute for five minutes, stirring occasionally to keep them from sticking.
- Toss in the onions and continue to cook until they are translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, approximately 1 minute.
- Dump in the brother, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme. Deglaze the pan gently with a wooden spoon or a spatula. Then turn the heat up to high and bring it to a boil.
- Toss in the noodles and cook according to the package instructions, stirring to ensure even cooking.
- When the noodles are cooked through, remove the pan from the heat.
- In a small bowl, add the sour cream and a few spoonfuls of the hot broth while stirring to keep the sour cream from curdling. After tempering the sour cream, add it to the pan and stir until combined thoroughly.
- Add the sliced steak to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and then serve!
Contact us today to find the perfect RV for your family vacations!