Beat the heat! There’s nothing better for summertime – and the 4th of July – like cooling down with homemade goodies that are easy to make, pop in the freezer, and bring out on hot, sunny afternoons. Here are two quick and easy 4th of July recipes that your kids will love – and it’s way better than storebought!
Frozen Yogurt Fruit Pops
Your kids will love these fantastic and delicious frozen yogurt fruit pops!
- 32 oz vanilla yogurt, divided
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
You’ll also need:
- Mixing bowl
- Popsicle mold
Let’s get stirring!
- Divide the yogurt in half. Stir the strawberries into one half and the blueberries into the other. Or, mix them together! The sky is the limit!
- Divide evenly into popsicle molds, refrigerating the leftovers.
- Freeze until firm and enjoy!
One thing I like to do is double (or triple!) the recipe and make a lot at a time. Once frozen, I pop them out of the molds, wrap individually in freezer paper, and store them together in gallon size freezer bags. It’s a great way to always have plenty on hand!
Another fruity treat your kids will love – and be able to help with! – are fruit skewers.
Use bananas, strawberries, and blueberries to create a fun red, white, and blue treat that’s as tasty as it is pretty to look at.
- Whole strawberries
You’ll also need:
- Cutting board
- Wooden kebab skewers
- Slice bananas. If your kids are doing this, make sure they have adult supervision when using knives.
- Leave strawberries and blueberries whole.
- Alternating colors, skewer the fruits to make a fun patriotic look.
Other fruits can also be included, but if you’re wanting something especially patriotic, just stick to the red, white, and blue. Get other handy tips here.
Whether you’re staying at home for 4th of July or traveling in your new or used RV, we wish you a safe and happy weekend! Contact us if you are ready to get on the road and need some help with RV service or shopping!